Tuesday, May 24, 2011

Natural Beauty: Exercise

Looking and feeling beautiful seem to go hand-in-hand.  When I am feeling tired, stressed, or out of it, it is usually reflected in my skin.  That zit there?  Oh, I was so stressed out a few days ago!  I look kind of pale and sallow?  Well, I've only slept for a total of eight hours in the past three days.  I look tired?  I AM tired!  It seems the older I get the easier it is to read my work or school burdens (or unwise sleeping choices) on my face!

I've found a good foil for these is a regular dose of exercise.  I never feel more connected, centered, and energized than when I'm moving around on a regular basis.  We all know that regular exercise is a great way to shed extra pounds, but I like to exercise because it makes me LESS stressed and fortified to take on my life's daily challenges.  Exercise also increases cellular turnover of the skin, fights free radicals, and increases blood flow to the skin.  All of these help keep your skin looking its best!

The problem with exercise, is that it is the first thing to fall off the list of priorities when stuff gets REAL.  Confession: this past year, I have probably exercised a total of 10 times:*(.  I'm not going to lie, my skin has never looked worse!  I've recently started a new barre workout at a local studio, where I actually have to show up!  It's pretty easy to tell my running shoes I'll "see them tomorrow, promise," but having a class to show up to, a set time of the day I can't make excuses out of, is a little better for me, personally, than a solo exercise program!

I'll let you know how it goes!  My first class was SO CHALLENGING.  I used to dance all through high school, so I thought the class would be a breeze.  *AHEM*  It was the most challenging workout I've had in awhile!  I'm actually still sore from a workout three days ago!

What are some of your favorite ways to move around?  Are you a solo runner or hiker or do you like classes and loud music to exercise to?  I'd love to know!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...