Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Likes

 
 It was brought to my attention, 
that while very good at opining about what I DON'T like,
I am a little quiet when it comes to things that I like.
I'm even quieter about things I LOVE.

I am going to start with a movie that, 
whenever I feel the need for a pickmeup,
watching just 10 minutes will get me dreaming again for the day!
I first saw Le fabuleux destin d'Amélie Poulain (or just Amelie *winks*)
when I had returned from a summer abroad in Chile.

I was still readjusting to American life and angularity.
I realized the adventure I'd been looking forward to for almost a year
was already complete.
I needed something to get me out of my 
post-amazing-life-experiences-
back-to-the-drudgery-of-living-with-seven-roommates funk.

This movie was just the thing I needed!
It's colorful, beautiful, and sweet.
It's romantic and heartbreaking.
It's quirky and unique.

And 10 years later, 
it's still one of my favorites.

Do you have any favorite movies that will ALWAYS be that way?

1 comment:

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...