Friday, February 25, 2011

Guilty Pleasure #723: Skins UK


I am unapologetically addicted to BAD television.  I spent my formative years with the Real World Seasons 1-8.  I will drop EVERYTHING to catch a marathon of Rock of Love.  I also would put Snookie in my pocket and take her everywhere with me if I could.  I spent my high school years crying for Pacey and hating Dawson for crying all the time.  If it was a sappy hour-long teen melodrama, sign me up!

As you can see, my tastes were honed to love camp, over-the-top emotion, horrible language, and people behaving badly.  This is probably why I am head-over-heels for Skins.  I am speaking of the original UK version, not the shiny, new Americanized version airing on MTV.

I like Skins because it's really good bad television.  It's raunchy and crazy and frenetic and stupid...kind of like real teenagers.  These kids have some serious stuff happening in their lives and their parents (if they're even around) are just as ill-equipped to deal with life's stresses as their kids.  It shows teenagers making really bad decisions.  It shows how real, horrible, and wonderful emotions are when you're experiencing them for the first time.  Skins affirms that no one has the answers, not even the grownups.

SO, for your weekend homework, catch up on Skins UK, Seasons 1 and 2, this weekend if you have Netflix!  It's "Watch Instantly" and I bet you won't be able to pull yourself away after a couple of episodes.

I've still got two more episodes until the end of Season 2...And then it's on to a new cast, but I love these kids so much I don't know what I'll do!  Well, I did make it through 8 new casts when I was addicted to the Real World, so I'm sure I'll manage;)!  Have a lovely weekend!  xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...