Friday, October 22, 2010

A Kinsale Wedding

The whole reason Shug and I went to Ireland was to attend our two close friends' wedding celebration.  Supermodel and Shug's Best Bearded Friend started dating almost exactly the same time Shug and I did four years ago.  It has been such an amazing journey to the altar and I feel I was able to share a lot of the fun with these two on our parallel trips!
 The wedding was just surreal.  It was a beautiful Irish autumn day with rain (good luck!), sunshine, clouds, and everything in between.  The ceremony was lovely, with an officiant from Cork and close to a hundred people that had crossed the pond just for the special occasion!

Supermodel lived up to her name and looked ethereal.  Her dress, that was custom made, conjured up old Hollywood glamor with sparkling paillettes and demure cut-outs in the dark grey silk.  She had the cutest pin curls to top off her wedding day look.
There was such a feeling of support and love for these two it was indescribable...!  After the ceremony we went to have drinks and take pictures while the dining room was prepared.  Champagne and Jameson were the popular choices!
All of the bridesmaids wore navy dresses with cream cabbage rose bouquets and the groomsmen all had navy vests with plaid ties and cream Vans shoes.  I'm not gonna lie, it was a dapper-looking bunch!

Dinner was served and the toasts began to honor the bride and groom.  I can honestly say I haven't heard a better speech from a best man!  There wasn't a dry eye in the house.
 The dinner was delicious and the company couldn't have been better.  One of my favorite things about this celebration was that Supermodel and BBF have such a diverse group of friends and it was so nice to get to spend the day with them!

I think I'm still "coming down" from this amazing experience.  But you know what was the nicest part?  That I get to have these two in my "real" life back in Salt Lake City.  I hope you all have a lovely weekend! xo.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...