Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Dear Imaginary Kid,


I promise to never send you to a Utah public school. The reasons are too long to be contained to this one little letter, but I'll give you a few:
  • I'd like to send you to a school where diversity isn't a novelty.
  • I'd like to send you to a school where you don't care about what kind of jeans your TEACHER is wearing.
  • I'd like to send you to a school where saying the words : "birth control," "condom," and "safe sex" are allowed and supported.
  • I'd like to send you to a school that if there IS diversity you won't be trying to learn with 60 other kids in the same class.
  • I'd like to send you to a school where you are more than what your parents make or what religion you are.
So, that pretty much takes all the public schools from the East and West sides of Salt Lake City out of the imaginary-kid-education-equation. It's a really, really good thing you don't exist.

xo

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...