Tuesday, September 22, 2009

Raw Update


Well, it's been about a week with my foray into Rawsville and I've already hit a few road bumps. The major road bumps being nachos at Brewvies and BBQ at Holy Smokes, or to put it another way, dishes so vastly NOT raw they could be considered inedible by raw foodies everywhere. But, in my defense, that was my original plan. I was going to 80/20 eat raw...it's just that 20% was soooo not raw food (i.e. smoked, cheezed, sauced, charcoalized) I kind of feel like the goodness of my 80% raw was completely erased by these few heavenly infractions.

With new resolve, I'm going to eat an entire week of just raw food and see how I feel. I did notice a difference last week in my energy levels, but I'm going to attribute that to the placebo effect of just the action of doing something good for my body.

Here's a recipe I whipped up for my morning shake that is really good!

Morning Green Drink
2 cups filtered water
1 green tea bag
1 T goji berries, dried
1 T maca powder
1 T lucuma powder
1 T hempseed
1 t cocoa nibs
1 t bee pollen
a BIG handful of fresh spinach
a drizzle of raw agave nectar (optional, I like it without)

Microwave the water and tea for about 2 minutes, let it steep and cool off a little bit before throwing in the blender with all of the other ingredients. If you want to be sure it's not above 120 degrees, use a thermometer. Take the handle out of the top of the blender and use a dishtowel to cover, you don't want the warm liquid exploding out of the blender! If your blender's lid doesn't have that feature, just crack the lid generously, use a dishtowel, and start the speed of the blender off slowly. Blend until super mixed, since those goji berries and hemp seed need a little extra spin. Pour into a big mug and enjoy your healthy breakfast!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...