Saturday, April 11, 2009

Have you read the NieNie Dialogues?

I was late on the scene to the blog the NieNie Dialogues, which I started reading late last summer. It was a blog filled with the trials and tribulations of being a stay-at-home-mom, but instead of the "dooce"-esque hilarity of the insults of motherhood, the NieNie Dialogues were a true celebration of being a mom and being present for four (!) kids.

I was so fascinated by the pared down life she and her family led. She is conventional in her beliefs and domesticity, yet she was, and remains, so unconventional in her prose and creativity when it comes to the details of being a mom.

I had been reading the archives and the new posts of NieNie for a little over a month when tragedy struck: NieNie and her husband were in a small airplane crash and both suffered near-fatal injuries.

NieNie's writing has taken a different direction, she is strong, honest, and sweet. She shares so much with her readers it is difficult to read a new post without tears squeezing their way out of my eyes. She is so candid in her writing and her way of dealing with her long road to recovery brings only one word to mind: grace.

Read a few posts and I'm sure you'll be hooked.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...