Monday, March 30, 2009

I may not be thrilled to plan a wedding....

..but I am out-of-my-mind-butterflies-in-my-stomach-I'm-actually-kinda-nauseous-excited to get to wear a wedding dress. Mere days after Shug proposed I had amassed approximately eleventeen hundred links to every Vera Wang, Amsale, and Jenny Packham confection I even remotely liked.

Now, when cultivating this collection it dawned on me that I wasn't seeing any prices listed anywhere...It was all cotton candy clouds and fairy princess sleepover parties. It was me, on my wedding day, so ethereal in a couture gown that the luminescence I'd emanate would float me down the rose petal-carpeted aisle and guests would have to turn away because my chic fashion sense was too perfect for mere mortals to partake in.

Dress I decided on: 28,000 dollars. Twenty eight THOUSAND dollars. Gross. And seeing that WE have about an 8G budget, my coveted Vera and I will never meet. And that is so ok with me...$28,000 for one dress, one day....really??

2 comments:

  1. Really, very pretty! You could have someone make a knock-off for you.

    You've played a big role (now and earlier) in inspiring me to do my own blog: http://iputmyrootdown.blogspot.com/ Who knows how well I'll keep up with it. I wanted to share it with you though. I too am planning my wedding! I'm loving hearing about you plans.

    ...ok, I am just realizing how creepy this may look: Starting a blog the same day, planning a wedding at the same time. Shit! All coincidental I swear! :) Don't worry...there will be no copy-cats on the wedding. Kirt and I are going to HA. Small, yet exotic.

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for checking out Goldteef! I'd love to hear what you think!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...